Saturday, April 21, 2012

Groom's Boutonniere (pleated ribbon + crystals)

Item: Groom's Boutonniere (Chua-Alcantara Nuptial)
Color/Motif: brown and pink
Materials: pink & brown satin ribbons, brown beads/crystals 



Originally, the groom's boutonniere was supposed to be made of faux pearls, but then the bride decided, on behalf of her groom :), to have it made of fabric or something similar to fabric.  An idea came into my mind, remembering the youtube tutorial i saw before in flower making.  On that video, they used pleated ribbons to make the flowers.  I've never seen ready made pleated ribbons here, so I manually did the pleating on the ribbon so I can make that kind of flower :)

image from the web



the groom's boutonniere












It's fixed with a bar pin at the back (like the corsages) so it can easily be worn by the groom.

bar pin (image from the web)



1 comment:

  1. cute ng mga ribbons!

    bloghopping from gt!
    followed you too! :)
    http://www.travelwithaileen.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! feel free to let me know what you think ;)